Integrity is a standard of personal conduct that engenders trust from colleagues, loyalty from customers, and ethical behavior in the workplace.
All UIC employees should consistently adhere to UIC policies and procedures, uphold confidentiality agreements, and establish a reputation of honesty and fairness.
- Demonstrates responsible use of work time and UIC property
- Adheres to Federal and State laws and regulations, and University policies and procedures
- Safeguards private information and upholds confidentiality agreements
- Reports any allegations of wrong doing
- Adheres to University of Illinois Code of Ethics
- Complies with intellectual property laws
- Expresses self in a credible and transparent manner
- Models high standards of honesty and responsibility
- Follows and adheres to standards of your profession and/or role
- Takes actions to support a safe work environment
- Modifies work habits as necessary to adjust to changes in policies and procedures
- Notifies others of actions that may conflict with UIC’s processes
- Ensures participation in mandatory training
- Guides others to make ethical decisions in ambiguous or unfamiliar situations
For any questions or concerns regarding ethics and compliance, contact the University of Illinois Ethics and Compliance Office: www.ethics.uillinois.edu or the Office of Access and Equity: http://oae.uic.edu/
- The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything, Covey Link, LLC, Stephen Covey, (2006).
- Ethics 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know, Time Warner Books, John C Maxwell, (2003).