FFCRA/ARPA Reporting Guidelines
FFCRA/ARPA Reporting Guidelines Heading link
Beginning April 1, 2021, the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) extended the emergency paid sick and family leave provisions originally enacted by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) through September 30, 2021.
With this extension the university is still required to track and report FFCRA/ARPA leave for tax reporting purposes. Additional reporting requirements are to match the leave that is paid on payroll adjustments to the corresponding tax reporting quarter. Leave reporting deadlines are noted below.
Process Requirements for FFCRA/ARPA Leaves from April 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021
All leaves taken under FFCRA/ARPA from April 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021 must be:
- Supported by an approved FFCRA/ARPA leave certification request form;
- Entered no less than by pay period in the FFCRA Leave Tracker Data Entry Tool
- User must record when leave is paid on an adjustment, and if so, in which calendar quarter it’s paid;
- Entered in Banner on applicable leave forms and appropriate HR Front End transaction routed forward with the leave approval letter; and
- Tracked on the FMLA usage spreadsheet, when EFMLA leave is used.
Important Leave Reporting Deadlines
To satisfy reporting requirements, leaves must be entered in the web tool according to the following schedule:
- Leaves taken or paid on adjustments from April 1 to June 30 must be entered by July 7
- Leaves taken or paid on adjustments from July 1 to September 30 must be entered by October 7
Missing these deadlines jeopardizes the university’s ability to correctly report FFCRA/ARPA leave. Because of this, your university or system HR office will be more closely monitoring FFCRA/ARPA leave reporting. You may be contacted to validate payment date(s) for any leave already entered and paid on an adjustment.
Other provisions and/or processes may apply for UI Health employees. Please contact UI Health HR (email@example.com) for additional information.
Please direct questions to: