Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Employment Verification

UIC Human Resources will provide basic directory information only to outside parties, including prospective employers, including:

  • Verification that an individual is or has been employed
  • The dates of employment
  • The title of position held
  • Whether part-time or full-time
  • The unit where employed

Instructions for Vendors Heading link

Verify Employment for an Active Employee

The University provides an on-line system which can be accessed 24 hours a day 7 days a week, enabling a third party to verify your employment or employment and wages, at any time of the day and any day of the week.

To keep the system secure, the employee is required to authorize the third party to receive their information. This can be done via the Employment Verification System (EVS). Active employees must use this approach for all employment verifications. Please read through the Frequently Asked Questions to understand how this process works for ACTIVE Employees.

If you need technical assistance with the on-line system, please contact the UIC HR Helpdesk at (312) 413-4848

Instructions for UIC Employees Heading link

Current UIC Employees

You will need to create a Vendor Access Number (VAN) for access by third-party, such as a mortgage company:

  1. Go to the Employee Verification System.
  2. Click the Access EVS button.
  3. Log on with your NetID and password.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to establish a Vendor Access Number (VAN).

Please Note: You will need to give the vendor your Social Security Number and the VAN you have just created. The vendor will also need this web address to view your information:

For Student Employees, inquiries should be directed to the Student Employment Office:

UIC Student Employment Office (MC 335)
1200 West Harrison Street,SSB 2100
Chicago,Illinois 60607-7164
Phone: 312-996-3130


Former UIC Employees

If you terminate from the University, you will no longer be able to use the on-line system and instead must fax a request.

Former Faculty, Civil Service, Graduate Students, Residents, and Academic Professionals:

  • Fax the request to (312) 996-1700. The fax request must include the employee’s approval, with signature, to release the information. The fax request is only available to terminated employees.


Former Student Employees:

  • Direct the inquiry to the Student Employment Office:

UIC Student Employment Office (MC 335)
1200 West Harrison Street,SSB 2100
Chicago,Illinois 60607-7164
Phone: 312-996-3130


The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Heading link

The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program allows Federal Student Loan borrowers to apply for forgiveness if they are employed full time by a government, 501(c)(3) organization, or public-serving nonprofit, and meet other requirements. For information about eligibility, visit the

Where do I send my Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) form?

Step 1: Complete Section 1: Borrower Information, Section 2: Borrowers Authorization, Understandings, and Certifications and Section 3 Employer Information. Once completed, send the form to UIC HR Service Center for completion of Section 4 the Employer Information.

Information regarding Employer information

  • Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN): 37-6000511
  • Employer Address: 715 S. Wood Street Chicago, IL 60612
  • Employer Website:


  • Do not check the box under the I Certify section on Page 1
  • Make sure to put your name and SSN information on the top of Page 2
  • Employment at University of Illinois is considered a governmental organization based on the definitions. Please mark yes to Section 4, question 9.

Active Employees: Since social security information is requested, employees in an active status can send the form via the  PEAR ( Protected Email Attachment Repository) system.  Forms should be sent to Nelly Montanez ( and Brenda Jones (

Inactive Employees: Former employees must submit their application to the email address. Please do not include the social number on the application at this time however include your previous University Identification Number (UIN) in the email communication. The form will be completed and returned via email.


Step 2: Once the completed application has been returned, please upload to or mail/fax to the requested areas under Section 7.


For additional assistance or guidance regarding the form, please visit the Federal Student Aid site (!/pslf/launch).  If the page does not load, please change your web browser.


Support Contacts Heading link

UIC HR Service Center

T: (312) 413-3490
Fax Requests: (312)996-1700
Email Requests:

Help Desk

(technical issues with system)
T: (312) 413-4848