Time Off & Leaves
The availability of time off for employees at UIC is referred to as your “leave benefits”. There are a variety of leave benefits available to employees. Review this section to learn:
- Details about Leave Benefit information as well as the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Signs that may qualify an employee for a leave of absence.
- How to distinguish between paid and unpaid leaves.
- The process for requesting FMLA and other UIC Leaves of Absence (LOA).
- Detailed information on leave benefits available to you is found on the Leave website.
|Academic HR/HR Service Center||Maintains official files of employees; serves as a source for verifying eligibility for leave; processes HR Front End and Banner transactions.|
|Benefit Center||Administers benefits and processes changes for employees on leaves of absence. Provides notification to CMS for direct billing of insurance premiums|
|Decision Support||Provides infrastructure and services to access data and documentation|
|Faculty Affairs||Develops and oversees academic policies pertaining to Faculty Leaves of Absences|
|Unit Human Resources||Academic and administrative units provide services to determine staff member FMLA eligibility|
|UIC HR Helpdesk||Assists with accessing, navigating, and processing in HR Front End and Banner.|
|University Payroll||Provides services pertaining to earnings, and deductions with reference to Leave of Absence.|
|University Health Services||Services provided to help faculty and staff with employee health issues.|
|Employee Assistance Service||Communicates the availability of free counseling and referral assistance for all UIC employees.|