What are the Benefits of Mentoring?
Benefits for Mentors
Mentors benefit from the mutual exchange of professional and personal support.
- Mentors receive insight into the issues facing other members of an organization.
- Mentors gain the opportunity to share their knowledge and skills in developing others in an organization.
- Mentoring enhances interpersonal and coaching skills important in leadership development.
Benefits for Mentees
Mentoring provides mentees with enhanced coaching—someone to talk to regarding issues, concerns, and developmental objectives.
- Mentees receive insight into the organization’s culture, structure, and objectives.
- Mentoring provides mentees with opportunities to build critical interpersonal skills.
- Mentees gain a better understanding of which behaviors, skills, and practices can advance their careers.
Mentoring Resources and Information
Mentoring Resource Guide
The Mentoring Resource Guide is a general reference covering aspects of both mentor and mentee roles. It also provides contact information to use throughout the year.
Goal Setting Form
The Goal Setting Form will help mentor pairs identify goals and actions mentees can take to achieve the mentee’s goals.
Katya Andresen, The Best Mentors for Your Career Growth – and How to Find Them
Randy Emelo, Who is the Best Mentor for You?
Brian Rashid, 3 Reasons All Great Leaders Have Mentors (And Mentees)