Labor & Employee Relations
Labor and Employee Relations
The Office of Labor and Employee Relations offers counsel and support services to managers and employees on labor/management and employee relations issues.
About Labor Relations
Labor Relations Services:
- Development of the University’s bargaining strategies and proposals.
- Labor contract negotiation and administration and interpretation of collective bargaining agreements.
- Advise and consult with managers and administrators.
- Support to campus in matters and proceedings involving labor boards, arbitration and other related external agencies.
- Labor Relations at UIC includes Associate Director Keino Robinson (email@example.com ) and Associate Director of Labor Relations Andrew Slobodien(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Employee Relations Services:
- Counseling mangers and Civil Service employees on employment policies and rules established by the University and the Civil Service System.
- Advising managers on job behavior or performance of Civil Service employees, and implementation of a system of corrective progressive discipline.
- Scheduling and conducting pre-discipline hearings and reconciliation meetings for Civil Service employees.
- For assistance on Civil Service employee relations please contact Labor/Employee Relations Officers Milan Valuch (email@example.com) or Monica Holt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional Services Provided by Labor and Employee Relations
- Labor Relations plays a key role in the employee grievance process. The Director of Labor and Employee Relations is the Chancellor’s designee to act as a neutral party at the campus level under various grievance processes. This designation has been extended to individuals in the Office of Labor and Employee Relations to serve as hearing officers in such matters.
- Operational Unit Business Partners are assigned to cover all UIC operational units in order to provide management guidance on Academic Professional employee relations issues, such as performance matters, notices of non-reappointment, grievance procedures and related policies.