Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Overcompensation Requests

Request for Compensation of Services Beyond Full Time

Approval must be obtained prior to service being performed.  Approval by the Dean(s)/Vice Chancellor(s) for both the requesting and home unit is sufficient for payment less than $500 per employee per year.  For amounts greater than $500 per employee per year, complete this request form and route for employee, requesting unit, and home unit approvals. The form will be routed to UIC-AHR for input into Banner; no PITR or other form is required.

Policy: Guidelines for Compensation of Services Beyond Full Time


Please be advised that the form now requires that there be at least two unique approvers between the requesting department/ college and the employees’ home department/college. The form will no longer accept one approver for both. In addition, a copy of the Job Description, and a justification of why/how the request falls outside of the employees’ regular duties must be attached to the request. A link has been added to the form. Please submit all requested information to:

Please use the new paper form which can be access through the link below. UIC HR will review and process the request.

If you have any questions regarding the form or general process, please mail your inquiry to

For compensation beyond $500 per employee per year, please use the links given below.

Create a New Request

*For employees with any faculty appointment , Please use the following link to place an overcompensation request