Minima for Graduate Appointments
Effective August 16, 2020
|% Time||Hours Per Day||Monthly ($)||Hours Per Pay||9-month Annual ($)|
NOTE: Graduate Hourly Minimum for AY 2020/2021 is $26.43
E-Class GA Titles:
GRAD ASST (Administrative)
GRAD RES ASST
GRAD TCH ASST
Student vs Graduate Assistant
The following is meant to help distinguish a Student Employee appointment from a Grad appointment .”Grad Assistant-Student” is no longer an appropriate title. In legacy systems it was used to distinguish a Student Employee (SA) job held by someone with a Grad Assistantship (GA). However, Banner allows a mix of employee-group jobs, so the title of each job should be distinctive to the e-class.
Student Group (SA)
- Graduate students doing Student Employee work (may be paid at higher rate with Student Employment approval). Please visit the Student Employment website for more information.
- Graduate students doing Graduate level work being paid by the hour for temporary special projects. Student must be registered in graduate level course(s) during the duration of their employment Hours are not pre-determined and may fluctuate every week.
- Grad Assistantships with percent appointments
- May have additional appointment as Grad student defined under Hourly.
- May have additional appointment as Student employee.
- The type of work being done is the defining qualifier. Appointments for Student Employment work need to be routed to the Student Employment Director.
Hiring Graduate Assistants